The office furniture has arrived! It only took 5 weeks to make our furniture and ship it to us. Not bad for semi-custom, all-wood furniture that will last for years.
But now we have this in our garage:
Suddenly I'm questioning my previous decision of painting the furniture ourselves. Well, we actually didn't have a choice, since the company who made the furniture doesn't paint or stain it.
I know it doesn't look like a lot in this picture but this is going to take some time. These pieces are huge. And we need to sand, prime and paint two coats on everything. We are planning on painting with oil-based paint so its more durable, but that will add a lot of time since we need to let the paint dry for several days in between coats. But its BEAUTIFUL furniture and when I'm not admiring my organized new pantry, I'm in the garage staring at the new furniture. I'll have to take better pictures of the details- like the crown molding and wood trim.
This is one of the two bookshelves (the other one is hiding behind it). Its 7ft tall!!! Lot's of room for books and pictures and I love having cabinets to hide office supplies in.
These two pieces are the hutch with file cabinet base. They will go in between the two bookshelves. This will also be 7ft tall when put together. The hutch and file cabinet are deeper than the bookshelves, so they added pieces of molding on the sides so they fit perfectly with the bookshelves and look like one wall unit.
They will live on the back wall of the office:
And these pieces are the desk. We have two pedestals for the sides and then the top is laying on its side against the garage wall. Hidden is the back of the desk.
Lot's of painting ahead.
And if you are wondering what color we are painting -- I put this last to hide this since it scares a lot of folks when they hear this---- we are painting everything black. Yes, black. No, not staining it black. Painting. Fingers crossed!!





No comments:
Post a Comment