Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patty's Day

What? You didn't spend your St. Patty's day in a bar, reading about the 5 hungry caterpillars?
 
Cian representing Southie in his green Adidas jacket

Let's recap our day to better understand how we ended up in a bar. With a baby.

~ Went to church for the 2nd time since we were married.

~ While waiting to introduced ourselves to the pastor, Cian throws up goldfish all down my shirt and inside my winter coat. Ok, we've made it this far to turn around so I simply buttoned up my coat and carry on.

~ Pastor was not thrilled with our "lapse" membership joke and made a comment about how she won't do a "drive by baptism" for Cian. Ouch. OK, we knew we would have to go back to church for awhile before getting Cian baptized but didn't expect to be called out during introductions.

~ After nap time, we attempt Cian's 3rd haircut. It didn't go well

~ Its St Patty's Day and we need a beer and some corn beef and cabbage. Due to crowds, we end up at Gypsy so no corn beef. Brian orders a Guinness and is told the keg is tapped and no one can change it. So no beer for Brian until back up arrives. While I eat Italian and drink a non-Irish beer, Brian has story time with Cian. We feel like the worst parents in the world, having a 13 month old in a restaurant / bar the same day he threw up and had a haircut meltdown.

Sigh. St Patty's Day always makes me miss Southie.  9 years ago, I was enjoying the Southie St Patty's Day parade with all of my good friends, about to meet the love of my life. I wouldn't change a thing and am just trying to enjoy moments like today. In a bar, on St. Patty's Day reading about the hungry caterpillars.

2 comments:

  1. sniff, sniff, i miss you and southie too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sniff sniff right back at you! I miss you and southie. Now you have me crying in bed. It's no fun living so far away from you guys.

      On a separate note, I freaking love your last post about the girls. Brian and I keep laughing about it all- menus on fire, Tess' never ending quest for a dog and syd's awesome response to being petite. Reminds me of the time syd offered the girl a donut to stop wearing her purple uggs. Ha ha ha. Miss you!!

      Delete