what a fun week.
After Monday's snowstorm we got almost 12" of snow. Tuesday morning our backyard looked like this:
.JPG) |
| so beautiful, so peaceful. |
Then Tuesday night, we got hit with an ice storm. Lost power around 4am Wednesday. Brian and I laid in bed, listening to tree branches breaking from the heavy snow and ice.
.JPG) |
| Before the ice- see those 2 pine trees on the left... |
 |
| 24 hours later, branches on the ground |
 |
| bare trees, branches on the ground |
 |
| our poor trees! |
And a sign the world is ending- 100 little birds suddenly appearing out of nowhere to attack this holly bush. Such a weird sight.
Worried it might be days before we got power, I tried driving to Peggy's house to see if she had power (nice week to be on a cruise Peggy!). After an hour of driving, I was unable to get close to her house w/ all the downed trees. Thankfully, we were lucky and our power was restored early Thursday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment