Friday, April 1, 2011

Window Shopping....

This is my new obsession. I LOVE this table and chairs for our future kitchen.

 Look at that gigantic pedestal base. And the wood is nice and distressed so it will hopefully hide future scratches. And when we are blessed with children, I can just picture a wood high chair stained to match. I am in love. It's from the Paula Deen furniture line (who knew that she had furniture??) and I love Paula Deen with her crazy enjoyment for anything fried, sweet or buttery. I think the color may be a nice in-between of our cabinets and floors, especially with a nice rug underneath. Can't you just picture it right here in the empty space? Sigh.


But of course, there are issues. First, I have no job and its more expensive than we were looking. Second, it may be a tad too big for the space. Trying to convince Brian to take a trip this weekend to a local furniture store so we can visit my new obession and see how big the table looks in person and what the cost will be. Until then, I will just stare at this picture.

UPDATE: So, sad news. In person this table was not worth the price. The chairs were not that comfortable which was so sad because they are really pretty. And the table top isn't solid wood (like the pedestal and chairs) so it scratched super easy. The pedestal is still stunning and I actually considered just buying the pedestal but then I would have to find chairs that matched and figure out a table top. To much of a hassle with everything else going on. After spending an entire day furniture shopping for a dark round pedestal table, we were really discouraged.

But then--- our original table came back to life. Originally we planned on purchasing this table (in black) from World Market:


But, since World Market hates us (they closed our only store and whenever we order from them, the item becomes discontinued and our order is cancelled weeks later) they discontinued the black finish before we could order the set.

That is until two days in April when they not only brought back the black finish but had a 50% off sale! Score! We ordered right away and then waited a week to get our confirmation that our order had been processed and was shipping. We weren't expecting to actually get the table set as right after we ordered it, the site changed the set to "out of stock" - we must have got the last (or only?) one. Score again! I am a little nervous that the table may be delivered banged up or something is wrong with it but time will tell. Now just have to wait until its delivered- on April 29th (the day we close, how perfect!)

The World Market table isn't as dramatic as the Paula Dean table - but its more comfortable and durable. Plus it cost us $600 w/ the 50% off sale compared to the $3,000 we would have spent on the Paula Dean table. So, its ok that its not as dramatic!

No comments:

Post a Comment