I finished my weekend project of creating a "second pantry" and organizing it - I'm so excited that I open the closet and stare at the organizational wonder of it all. I know I'm anal and weird. But I love it!
When we were building our house, I claimed the random hall closet as the future home for all of my entertaining stuff- platters, bowls, Christmas plates, cupcake carriers, etc. We already have a double closet in the mudroom for coats, so this closet (which is located right outside of the mudroom) really didn't have a purpose. Its really deep and really high, so lot's of room! And thank god for Brian, he knows I'm totally anal about organization so he let me have my fun with the closet and helped hang the shelving. Such a good sport.
The second pantry is located in the hallway leading to the mudroom and garage. It's the second door, the first is the powder room.
Here is what it looked like inside (sorry for the bad pictures, it was a tight space and hard to get a picture of the entire closet since I couldn't go back further)
Trying to show you how high the closet goes... it goes really high.
After painting the inside a fun blue color (leftover from the dining room) and two trips to the Container Store for elfa shelving here is what the closet looks like now:
So. Much. Room. I can't even get the entire closet in one picture. I had so much fun organizing everything and LOVE that I finally have room for all of my entertaining / kitchen stuff. In the old house, most of this lived in the garage on a shelf so its really nice to have everything in the house and so easy to get. : )
Now I'm planning my next organization project.... kitchen drawer inserts, closet organizers, office organization.......... sigh. They all cost money, so gotta save and plan.





lookin good
ReplyDelete