Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Finishing the nursery the day we went to the hospital...or "how not to decorate a nursery"

So, we TOTALLY didn't expect to be delivering little Teddy Blair at 37 weeks. Looking back, we probably should have scheduled the furniture delivery earlier than 35.6 weeks but we thought we would have a couple of weeks before the little guy arrived to get his room all set up. Ha, we were so wrong. When the doctors told me they were going to induce me that Sunday night (when I was officially 37 weeks) my first thought was "but the wall decal isn't up yet". Then I broke down crying, stressed at how I was going to finish the nursery, wrap up work and worried that I was going to have to cancel my Boston girls weekend.

Luckily my doctor Ok'd my Boston girl weekend. He realized that crazy anal me needed friends to keep me calm and occupied. So Brian and the girls got the room all set up. A huge thank you to Jenny who got a work out trying to figure out how to put the damn wall decal up over the crib!

Brian and I finished putting the last items away the afternoon of Sunday, February 12th --  hours before we had to go to the hospital!



Here is what the room looked like the morning of February 4th - the room was painted, curtains were hung, just waiting for the furniture to be delivered so we could set up the room:

And here is what the room looked like before we left for the hospital:
Our beautiful crib! Love the wall decal, even if it was a pain to put up (and yes, its a little crooked!). The overstuff rocker/glider/recliner is awesome and we have spent many hours in that chair! And of course, Boris had to get into the picture, claiming the rug as his own.

Close up of the crib and the wall decal.


The dresser/changing table next to the closet with some shelves we hung up for special items. The book on the shelf is from my Boston girlfriends and my sister, full of awesome parenting advice!

On the other side of the room I framed some fun pictures I found online and we got a bookshelf to hold books and toys. Look how comfy that chair looks!


Another picture of that side of the nursery. Above the chair I hung some tissue paper pom poms and lanterns from my shower.

Close up of the tissue paper pom poms. Such a pain to hang up but love the final look!

No comments:

Post a Comment