Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Girls Weekend!

My Boston girlfriends surprised me with a weekend get together the weekend of February 11th. Little did we know that it would be the DAY BEFORE our little guy arrived when we planned the weekend, but in the end it worked out for the best. It was so nice to have friends around to keep me busy, give me great advice and help keep Brian and I calm. I am so lucky to have such good friends! Jenny flew in from Chicago (and got to attend Brian's work surprise baby shower with me!), Molly and Tori drove all the way from Boston, Sandra left sick kids at home in NJ and Randi squeezed in work before coming.

The weekend started off with mani and pedi's at a spa in Blue Bell. Then we relaxed at my house before dinner. It started snowing during dinner (just a little snow, the 2nd and last snow of the year) so we stopped at the grocery story for dessert and headed home. The girls left on Sunday morning, leaving Brian and I some time together before the "two of us" became "the three of us".

Here I am- two days before giving birth. I felt good, although a little tired of the giant belly and the swollen ankles!


Randi, Sandra and Molly getting their pedicures

Jenny, Sandra and Tori getting their pedicures. Sandra's toes must have been in bad shape to take that long! Just kidding : )

Tori and I relaxing

The girls! Missing were Gina, Althea and Jen but living in Minnesota, Singapore and Texas are good excuses!

Jenny and Tori enjoying our brownie sundae desserts at my house later that night.



Why do we all have to live so far apart! Good girlfriends are so hard to find and I miss them so much. Counting down the weeks until our girls weekend in the fall!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment