Monday, October 29, 2012

Our Weekend Project

We had to schedule this project on our calendar months ago to make sure we would have enough time--- tiling our kitchen backsplash! So freaking excited : )

A little peek into how excited we were: (1) We picked out this tile before our kitchen was even built (2) for the last year,  we've had a 12x12 sample propped up against the kitchen wall and I would "pet" it.

In the end, this was a huge project. It kicked our butts. I made the mistake of totally under estimating how long this would take (I seem to do this quite often... poor Brian!). All I can say, is thank god Peggy came up on Saturday to watch Cian while we hung the tile and a little storm called Hurricane Sandy allowed us to finish up on Monday since our offices were closed. Just need to finish caulking since we ran out during the middle of the storm. But it looks great and we are so happy!

Here is Brian with our tower of tile

our kitchen before



Progress at 8pm Saturday night: all tile is up! Our bodies are in pain. Just need to grout and caulk
 
 
 

The finish backsplash!!! Once we get paint on the wall and some fun fabric above the window, the white subway tile will stand out even more.
 
Before
 

And After!


Before
 
After
 
Before

After




No comments:

Post a Comment