Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 2 of going back to work



So, I'm obviously still clueless about being a new mom and my new life.

On Tuesdays, I work out of my client's office so today would be my first time seeing my clients since my maternity leave. Last night, I actually had the thought "I should get up early and make my clients brownies for my first day back".

Am I insane???? How could I possibly think that idea was even feasible with a two month old?

It gets worse. I cannot even blame this idea on end-of-day-lack-of-sleep because this morning, during Cian's 6am feeding, I realized I didn't have time to make brownies (thank god, I'm possessing some rationale thinking) so I decided instead "I should stop at Dunkin Donuts and bring them donuts" (Oh Sarah!)

Yep, because its completely reasonable to think you'll be able to get Cian all set with Grammie Lacey and make it out of the house early enough to stop and get treats. Especially when you haven't made it ANYWHERE early or on time since Cian was born.

Do I even have to tell you that didn't happen? But it gave my clients (all women) a great laugh this morning when I told them this story. I did have time to make myself coffee at home (I'm becoming a regular coffee drinker now!) so that is a win.




3 comments:

  1. Oh the coffee, I used to brag about how I didn't drink coffee. Now I can't imagine life without it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Gina I was the same way! Used to tell everyone how coffee made my heart race so I didn't drink it. Now I need it to get me out the door in the morning.

      Delete
  2. When you're a mom, coffee is neccesary for survival.

    ReplyDelete