While I was excited to be back at work and have some adult interaction, I hated the thought of Cian spending such a large chunk of his time with strangers, in daycare where I know he isn't going to get the one on one attention and love that we give him.
Dropping him off this morning went well- probably helped that I was running late so didn't have time to hang around. I visited during lunch and he was playing on the activity mat (the same activity mat I put him on when I left this morning. They promised he hasn't spent all morning there!) So far, so good.
When I picked him up at 5pm (on the same freaking activity mat!) he was dead asleep. They confessed that Cian spent most of the day crying, which broke my heart. He was exhausted and slept on the way home and didn't wake up until 9pm to eat. Poor little guy! This transition is going to be so hard!
We are lucky that Cian is only going to daycare three days a week. That makes it much easier on my heart knowing that the other two days Cian will be hanging out with his PopPop and Grammie Lacey, getting love and some one on one attention.
| Cian hanging out at daycare, on the activity mat that apparently he loves |
my awesome husband sent me tulips for my first day back at work!
|
| Cian exhausted from his day at daycare, sound asleep on our couch |
Adorable pics! Glad you survived your first day back! It will get easier! xoxo
ReplyDelete